If this blog helped you in any way, please donate a dollar here

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I just turned anti-M$ basher!

From a person who would worship his computer with the Windows 98 OS installed, to the guy who felt Windows was the ultimate after a bitter experience with a pre-release version of Linux Ubuntu 4.1 Warty Wathog and then meandering to a person who was a proud member of the "I hate Microsoft" community onOrkut, I have changed yet again.

Only a few minutes ago I would curse Bill Gates for dominating the world with an pre-historic OS called Windows. An unusable OS called Windows Vista. Et Cetera.



However I am still PRO-Open Source. That I guess will always be a part of my life, I just realised that given an option, I might even work for Microsoft one day. However that is not the reason I have changed. I feel it is useless to have a dislike, a mental block, against some Company that has no real significance with my life!

I mean its all about technology and Software that uses this technology to make the world a better place to live in. If Open-Source and Free Software is the way to go, then people will embrace it. Microsoft made some wonderful business decisions to be in the kind of popularity it is. Some good, some bad, yes. Everyone makes mistakes. Even Novell made a mistake of hurting the Open Source community.

However, what I really mean is that my dislike for a particular Company, is very childish. Or rather, was very childish.

No comments:

Post a Comment